It is our pleasure to welcome you to Pleasant View School (PVS). The PVS staff is dedicated to providing its students with an enriched, challenging academic program with high standards and expectations in a highly moral and ethical Islamic environment. Our ability to successfully achieve this goal will depend on parental involvement and support. Working as a team, we believe we can achieve the shared objective of helping your child meet his/her greatest potential in terms of their academic, character and leadership development.
Pleasant View School (PVS) was founded in 1995. It was the founders’ vision to establish a school that could serve the educational needs of the growing and diverse Muslim community in the Memphis, Tennessee area. From the beginning, the PVS founders placed a strong focus on teaching Islamic Studies, Arabic and Qur’an while believing that it was part of their Islamic responsibility to ensure that PVS graduates also had a strong grounding in all other academic subjects. PVS moved to its current facility in 1997 and has continued its journey of academic excellence through placing value on each individual, maintaining strong and direct teacher-student relationships, and teaching to the whole student. In 2012, PVS opened its High School becoming a thriving preschool through grade twelve college preparatory school that prepares students academically, socially, and ethically for college and a meaningful life.
Prepare generations of scholars with a strong Islamic identity, leadership, and academic excellence who make a positive contribution to the global community.
Establish a distinguished Islamic institution in North America which develops exemplary Muslims with academic excellence.
The PVS community works together to ensure that our students will graduate with:
- A strong identity that reflects pride in Islam and a clear sense of mission.
- Character, values, and morals that are aligned with the teachings of Islam.
- The ability and desire to properly perform their spiritual duties of prayer, fasting, and pilgrimage.
- High academic skills that exceed state educational standards in Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
- Arabic language proficiency.
- Strong research and study skills and the perseverance that enables them to gather information and analyze and present quality research results.
- Strong technology skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The leadership skills that will prepare them for future academic and social roles.
- A strong sense of physical well-being and the practice of healthy habits.
We, the Pleasant View School Community, believe that:
- A strong identity that reflects pride in Islam and its principles will lead to success for the individual and the school.
- Students benefit academically and socially in a safe, supportive, and stimulating environment.
- Student performance can be increased by a foundation of expectations that are challenging.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in meaningful work.
- Each and every student can learn, achieve, and succeed when provided with developmentally appropriate learning activities.
- Motivation and acceptance of 100% responsibility is imperative to successful learning.
- Parental participation enhances high expectations, student motivation, confidence and achievement.
- Committed staff who are not only professional but also life-long learners make better teachers.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are among the most important skills needed for life-long success.